WELCOME
This site is just my gathering of information and resources related to grief. Particularly, it all relates to widows and widowers. If you find yourself in that unfortunate group, there may be something useful here for you.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

SCRIPTURES

What scriptures have you found helpful?

If you have any scriptures that you would like to share, please respond to this post. Please include a brief statement of what the scripture means to you, as well as your first name and the city/state where you live, Thank you for contributing.
  • "The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath annointed me . . . [t]o appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning . . . ." Isaiah 61:3. All the hopes, plans, and dreams I had for the future have turned to ashes. If there is a way for this pain and sadness to be transformed into beauty and joy, sign me up.
  • "Behold, they will crucify him; and after he is laid in a sepulchre for the space of three days he shall rise from the dead, with healing in his wings; and all those who shall believe on his same shall be saved in the kingdom of God." 2 Nephi 25:13. I included this verse because of how it connects the atonement, the resurrection, and healing. I don't know when I will begin to feel that any healing has occurred, and I am certain that this wound will never fully heal in this life, but I know that Christ is the source of the healing that will eventually come.
  • St. John 20:1-18. These are the verses of Mary Magdalene weeping at the Lord's tomb and then seeing the risen Lord. I put these verses down because I have a completely new understanding of what Mary might have been feeling while sitting next to the tomb of someone she cared so deeply about. I can only imagine her wonder and joy and seeing the resurrected Lord. I envy her for only having to wait three days.
  • "Thus saith the Lord, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen they tears: behold, I will heal thee . . . ." 2 Kings 20:5.

No comments: