WELCOME
This site is just my gathering of information and resources related to grief. Particularly, it all relates to widows and widowers. If you find yourself in that unfortunate group, there may be something useful here for you.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

MEMORIAL ACTIVITIES

What are some things you have done to help remember and honor your spouse?

My grief books all say that finding meaningful ways to remember and honor our loved one will encourage healing. If you would like to share a memorial activity that has helped you, please respond to this post. Please include your first name and the city/state where you live. Thank you for contributing.
  • Photobook. Mypublisher.com makes it really easy to create a high quality photo book. I made a list of my husband's good qualities and accomplishments and then gathered relevant photos. For example, the "athlete" page has photos of him biking, climbing, diving, etc. The "daddy" page has pictures of him with our baby.
  • Celebration Forest. My husband and I both love trees, so I felt it would be meaningful to plant a tree in his name. Celebration Forest lets you select a tree to be planted on their land in Idaho. Your tree has a specific number and location so you can go visit it if you would like. More information can be found at http://www.celebrationforest.com/.
  • Memorial Blog. A friend created a blog for me that friends and former classmates can go to and post memories they have of my husband. This will be especially valuable for our daughter, who was only a few weeks old when my husband died.

No comments: